Marketing Communications Specialist creates communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products including graphics, product collateral, logos, or other promotional products. Analyzes customer requirements, develops messaging architecture and competitive positioning, specifies vehicles/projects, secures resources, communicates project development and drives creative development processes. Being a Marketing Communications Specialist works with outside vendors/agencies for design and execution of advertising campaigns, trade show exhibitions, mail campaigns, and seminars. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Additionally, Marketing Communications Specialist requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to supervisor or manager. The Marketing Communications Specialist gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. To be a Marketing Communications Specialist typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Marketing Communications Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our team.
- Reporting, analysing, and optimising the performance of communications;
- Utilising research and insights to design, develop and execute integrated, multi-channel, end to end communications programs.
- Web content development and/or editing;
- Videography and photography skills;
- Professional writing and editing across a range of mediums;
- Minimum two years experience in a similar role;
- Strategic communication campaign development and/or implementation;
- Experience in Adobe suite including Photoshop, Premiere;
- Social media management, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram;
- Science translation and technical writing translating complex technical content into easy-to-understand language;
- In-depth understanding of issues relating to agriculture and farming systems;
- Client and project management;
- Digital content management;
- Media liaison and management.