Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm’s profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm’s customers are satisfied. Oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
Business Development Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team.
- Developing growth strategies and plans;
- Providing clients with relevant information concerning product questions and queries;
- Develop business proposals to encourage employers to hire and assist with tenders;
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure they are communicated and implemented within the team;
- Liaise with new and existing customers to conduct needs analysis, and in turn recommend suitable products and services;
- Communicating qualified lead opportunities to Web Ad.vantage principals and updating various agency Status and Pipeline files;
- Develop a customer strategy including call plan for each installer;
- Act as a mentor to existing sales team members;
- Monitor competitor activity throughout specific regions;
- Review project estimates to ensure overall margin and service objectives are met;
- Owning the sales cycle from prospecting to contract signing;
- Support business development and sales opportunities and social enterprise initiatives in Liverpool & Sydney when required;
- Excellent organisational skills, keeping on top of emails, CRM updates & time sensitive opportunities;
- Create and manage a self motivated sales strategy, targeting corporate and leisure groups, as well as special interest groups;
- Engaging with both current and new business units to understand their business drivers and objectives.
- Reliable and punctual;
- Demonstrable service-oriented approach, enthusiastic, motivated, positive attitude, ethical, good initiative and a self-starter;
- Proven ability to identify potential strategic partners, alliances and relationships to expand profitability and existing channels;
- Excellent business English both written and verbal;
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team;
- Strong organisational, time management and multitasking skills;
- The desire to improve oneself or internal systems & processes;
- Minimum of 8 years experience;
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to actively listen and contribute to discussions;
- Experience in public and private tender submission;
- Experience with Solution Selling\Customer Centric Selling methodology;
- Exceptional closing skills while still maintaining positive relationships;
- Possess solid personal loans credit analysis skills;
- Track record of successful new business acquisition Signed individual project proposals of over $350,000;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.