The Business Development Executive is responsible for developing new market initiatives, assessing new markets, and analyzing business opportunities. Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s business development policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Business Development Executive may also be accountable for licensing initiatives and programs; duties include negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals. Conducts financial feasibility studies and develops proposals for new business opportunities. In addition, Business Development Executive requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Business Development Executive manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Business Development Executive Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Development Executive to join our team.
- Attend expos and other external events and represent Tyro in a professional manner;
- Be a team player within your team. Help your peers so they can help you;
- Treat customers like people. Coordinate and deliver quality to customers – through admin, email and phone based communication;
- Bring your thinking, strategies and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture and vision for the future;
- Pro-actively look for opportunities to up-sell Tyro banking products within;
- Work with on-boarding specialists, customer support, and risk assessment to ensure customers have an excellent on-boarding experience;
- Serve as a brand enthusiast for Tyro’s suite of products & services;
- Fulfilling the clients’ requirements with the highest level of customer service when they arise;
- Cross-selling into existing accounts;
- The role will include a mixture of office and field-based sales covering the Brisbane market;
- Account management when required; and;
- Candidate Acquisition;
- Attending and assisting with industry events in order to generate leads;
- Identifying opportunities across the wider Toll business and working in the “One Toll” mindset;
- Arrange meetings for senior management with prospective clients.
- Must be able to create good presentations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Must possess strong customer service skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Must be detail oriented, organised and an active listener.