Business Development Associate identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with partners or potential customers. Assists in the development of a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting. Being a Business Development Associate works with marketing, sales, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives. Requires a bachelor’s degree of business, finance or marketing. Additionally, Business Development Associate typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Business Development Associate gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. To be a Business Development Associate typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Business Development Associate Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Development Associate to join our team.
- Compiling fund updates and market commentary;
- Preparing sales support materials;
- Work within a team as well as work independently and manage a high-volume workload;
- Draft contracts and conduct negotiations (with support of the legal department);
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager to increase TerraCycle ANZ’s revenue;
- Other duties as needed;
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients resulting in successful business conversions;
- Assist advisors in developing understanding of capital market research and application to portfolio management;
- Represent TerraCycle at events and conferences;
- Deliver presentations to financial advisors;
- Promote usage of investment strategies within the financial advisor community;
- Manage Business Development interns;
- Create, pitch and periodically update sales presentations and proposals;
- Work with a Regional Director to handle direct client interaction;
- Construct portfolio analysis presentations for senior team members and financial advisor clients.
- Completion of all assigned compliance training;
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary;
- Self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines;
- Able to work equally well in a team environment and independently;
- English as a native language;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents;
- Business or relevant degree;
- Have the rights to work in Australia (sponsorship not available);
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills;
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel;
- Previous experience in Business Development, Sales or the FMCG Industry preferred;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business;
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Strong computer skills (Excel) with the ability to learn programs as needed.