Determine and formulate policies and provide overall direction of companies or private and public sector organizations within guidelines set up by a board of directors or similar governing body. Plan, direct, or coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives and staff managers.
Chief Financial Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join our team.
- Process improvement and implement structure;
- Manage audit engagements;
- Management of an insurance portfolio;
- Prudent capital investment and treasury management; and;
- Having systems and tools in place to manage operations and strong performance standards;
- Identify areas for process improvement and build rigour in process and financial reporting to ensure best practice is observed;
- Manage cash flow management and reporting;
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes and review with the Executive Leadership Team monthly;
- Work as an industry thought-leader, representing the company at conferences and events;
- Prepare and maintain reporting to Business Plan;
- Review and present recommendations of Open to Buy to the Executive Leadership Team;
- Overseeing commercial decision making from contract reviews, tender analysis, margin analysis, pricing analysis etc;
- All regulatory reporting and compliance submissions;
- Develop detailed SaaS unit economics for the business;
- Present financials at Board Meetings.
- Record of success in situations involving transformation, rapid growth, and fast changing conditions;
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a senior leadership capacity, ideally with a fast-growth global technology/telecommunications organisation;
- Professional accounting certification such as an ACA, CIMA, CPA, etc;
- French language skills would be highly advantageous;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate internally with managers and senior executives;
- Exposure to Financial Audits;
- Experience leading and working as part of an executive team, preferably in a values led environment;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Entity structures and taxation in international business operations;
- Experience in financial database MYOB EXO;
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities;
- Capital structures, working with debt and equity providers;
- Commercial analysis and contract development;
- Experience in a multinational corporation environment would be advantageous;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.