Senior Technical Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our team.
- Create and maintain enterprise-level proactive monitoring for the private cloud, troubleshooting, and preemptive actions in a global support team;
- Provide on-site support for lab environments for partner and associate events;
- Travel to support events when needed; the Global Partner and Technical Enablement (GPTE) team supports at least 5 events per year.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- 7+ years of IT industry experience; 2+ years of experience with Red Hat OpenStack Platform;
- Proficienciency in Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform or other scripting languages like Python, Perl, or Bash;
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization, e.g., VMware, Red Hat Virtualization or, KVM, Xen, or Microsoft HyperV;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to debug logs for understanding component failures, identifying the root causes and system impacts.