The Senior Process Engineer collects production data and applies standard scientific and statistical methods to analyze, document, and diagram production processes. Develops and optimizes continuous production and manufacturing processes to achieve the output, quality, and cost goals of the organization. Being a Senior Process Engineer recommends changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources including labor, energy and raw materials. Identifies process bottlenecks and devises solutions to resolve. In addition, Senior Process Engineer may act as a knowledge resource and guide for less experienced engineers. May work on processes for new or more complex products. Requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Being a Senior Process Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Process Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Process Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our team.
- Direct the day-to-day management of product stockpiles in accordance with the long-term plan to meet shipping parcels;
- Work with process engineers to troubleshoot yield discrepancies against predicted yields;
- Pursue and implement technological advances in the field of coal preparation;
- Optimise coal circuits to meet plant simulated recoveries;
- Meet production forecasts and requirements including quality specifications;
- Support the company in their rapidly growing data analytics and machine learning strategy;
- Provide sound and practical process engineering solutions to the Company’s clients;
- Maintain the Company’s critical design, process and IP documentation;
- Lead, supervise and coordinate teams in the engineering discipline on high/medium complexity projects;
- Assists in creating proposals for projects through coordination of proposal documents and engineering estimates;
- Attends project meetings and presents all technical aspects of project assignments;
- Coordination of engineering projects including interfaces with various disciplines, consultants, suppliers and contractors;
- Coordinate and participate in Risk Assessments, HAZOP, and design reviews;
- Providing mentoring and leadership to junior staff;
- Establish and maintain professional networks internally and externally.
- Able to apply the theories, codes and standards appropriate to the Process discipline;
- Experience of participation in HAZOP, HAZID and SIL rating studies – preferred;
- Degree in Chemical Engineering;
- Experience in Coal Seam Gas (CSG) is preferable;
- Familiar with HYSYS, Dynamic HYSYS – preferred;
- Strong foundations in statistical and mathematical methods including regression tools;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant Engineering discipline, eg chemical, metallurgical or process engineering;
- Experience in modelling software, e.g., Metsim, SysCAD, HYSIS;
- Ability to work with a diverse range of disciplines to achieve project objectives;
- A double in computer science, mathematical sciences or software engineering will be viewed favourably;
- High level of proficiency in excel and experience in VBA coding preferred;
- Understands data wrangling and data management;
- Ability to self-organise and prioritise workload to meet multiple conflicting deadlines for both yourself and others;
- 5-10 years’ related experience, preferably in the mining and minerals processing arena;
- Excellent data communication skills and experience in developing visualisation dashboards preferred.