Senior Controls Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to join our team.
- Conformance to OHS&E standards in the design and execution of all work;
- Planning and supervision of major controls installations;
- Controls project cost control;
- Handing over projects to our Customer Service team;
- Managing the procurement of parts, the manufacture of cabinets and the electrical installation;
- Preparation of test plans and operator & technical manuals;
- Training of client personnel and providing customer support;
- Testing and commissioning on customer sites;
- Development of functional specifications;
- Preparation of electrical schematic drawings, PLC programs and configuration of operator interfaces;
- Preparation of manufacturing and installation specifications.
- Ability to work in project based environment as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team;
- Extensive experience in electrical design and installation;
- Sound knowledge of requirements of AS3000 & AS4024.1;
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar scientific discipline;
- Knowledge of configuration, programming and commissioning of PLCs (Siemens S7 preferred), variable speed drives, barcode scanners and safety devices;
- Experience in writing of technical documentation;
- Experience in machine control, safety and functional safety principles;
- Ideally have around 5+ years experience in similar professional environment;
- Experience in managing installation crews/contractors;
- Knowledge of materials handling system controls highly desired;
- Willingness to travel during the installation and commissioning phase of a project within Australia and occasionally overseas.