Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
Controls Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Controls Engineer to join our team.
- Handing over projects to our Customer Service team;
- Controls project cost control;
- Conformance to OHS&E standards in the design and execution of all work;
- Planning and supervision of major controls installations;
- Managing the procurement of parts, the manufacture of cabinets and the electrical installation;
- Training of client personnel and providing customer support;
- Testing and commissioning on customer sites;
- Preparation of test plans and operator & technical manuals;
- Development of functional specifications;
- Preparation of electrical schematic drawings, PLC programs and configuration of operator interfaces;
- Preparation of manufacturing and installation specifications.
- Sound knowledge of requirements of AS3000 & AS4024.1;
- Knowledge of materials handling system controls;
- Experience in managing installation crews;
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or scientific discipline;
- Ability to work in project based environment as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team;
- 4+ years experience in electrical design and installation;
- Willingness to travel during the installation and commissioning phase of a project within Australia and occasionally overseas;
- Experience in machine control, safety and functional safety principles;
- Experience in writing of technical documentation;
- Knowledge of configuration, programming and commissioning of PLCs (Siemens S7 preferred), variable speed drives, barcode scanners and safety devices.