Analyze and coordinate the logistical functions of a firm or organization. Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Support Engineer to join our team.
- Providing and maintaining desktop hardware and software;
- Working in the Tic:Toc preventative maintenance programs;
- Partake in the On-Call Roster;
- Providing support to both our people and external clients and stakeholders;
- Work with our vendors and stakeholders to maintain our platform;
- Support and monitor our environment to ensure it is available and reliable;
- Provide technical support to customers;
- Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly;
- Working closely with engineering to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary;
- Maintaining a support ticket queue and responding to customers in a helpful and timely manner;
- Familiar to follow notification and escalation procedures;
- Creating and maintaining customer – facing knowledge base articles;
- Exposure to standards for communications with business involving operational issues.
- Can-do attitude and ability to think outside the square;
- Excellent problem solving and production environment diagnosis skills;
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) clearance;
- Sound understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, web servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing, high availability, etc;
- Drive continuous improvement and application of industry best practices;
- Experience supporting CI/CD pipelines (Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, GIT);
- Proven experience with AWS and CloudFormation, Azure and ARM templates, and/or Azure Devops;
- 2+ years working with cloud platforms AWS or Azure (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS);
- Background in a Cloud Support Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer role;
- Windows/Linux System Administration experience;
- Implement automated, repeatable solutions to reduce toil and maintenance effort;
- Good working knowledge of internet backbone technologies: TLS, DNS, TCP/IP, WAF/CDNs, networks and subnetting;
- Support the overall monitoring, performance, reliability and quality of our clients’ application-hosted cloud environments;
- Knowledge of automation/scripting languages: Powershell, Python, Bash;
- Share knowledge and create quality documentation.