Design and implement radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems used to track shipments or goods.
Technical Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team.
- Write custom scripts, code samples and integration guides for customer use;
- Using and maintaining knowledge base;
- Presenting upgrade advice and Best practice troubleshooting to customers & partners;
- Interact directly with our partners and customers to resolve technical issues in a timely manner;
- Leverage access to internal resources to align customers with problem resolutions and information;
- Provide support through case management system, phone, and screen sharing sessions;
- Notify the support management team to develop a plan to avoid potential escalations, and escalate when appropriate;
- Provide excellent customer service and product support to PagerDuty customers;
- Potential to participate in an on-call rotation to assist the team in providing 24×7 customer support;
- Work with global team members to identify and report product defects reported by customers, as well as matching new support cases to known issues;
- Set up monitoring systems, integrating them with PagerDuty and documenting the whole process;
- Troubleshooting and Debugging;
- Identify and resolve customer issues, taking escalations from Tier 1 Support;
- Handle and answer questions on various complex deployment and infrastructure problems that Qlik clients need help with;
- Triage and prioritize assigned support cases based on severity, customer urgency, and end user impact.
- The ability to write about technical subjects clearly and in an engaging style;
- 2+ years experience with Java web server (either Tomcat, Apache, Websphere, JBoss) experience either in a support, developer or administrator capacity;
- Experience with a scripting language/platform, and use of APIs to access or update information;
- Experience with enterprise software components such as application servers, databases, and directory management;
- Knowledge of network protocol layers, security layers, and domain models;
- Demonstrate competence in the Dynatrace platform by becoming at least Dynatrace Associate Certified within six months of joining the team;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, or related work experience;
- Comfortable with small group technical customer contact via phone, email, chat or video conferencing applications;
- Ability to read and understand application logs;
- Prior experience in a technical support role;
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills with the ability to work productively with both technical and non-technical people;
- Web and application server technologies such as Apache, IIS, WebSphere, WebLogic and JBoss;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer information systems or related fields;
- 2+ years experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting any issue on Windows Server, Linux, or UNIX operating systems.