Develop plans for surface transportation projects, according to established engineering standards and state or federal construction policy. Prepare designs, specifications, or estimates for transportation facilities. Plan modifications of existing streets, highways, or freeways to improve traffic flow.
Project Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Engineer to join our team.
- Creating and delivering the scope-specific work plan and budget as well as risk assessments as it pertains to your Engineering Discipline;
- Helping customers resolve technical issues both remotely and on domestic / international customer sites;
- Managing and executing all contracts assigned to you with various deliverables, on time and within budget, accurately forecasting business revenue;
- Making technical recommendations in the Testing, Installation and Commissioning phases of customer projects;
- Delivering works in accordance with contractual obligations and company policies/procedures;
- Control project design variation during execution stage;
- Management of Supervisors and contractors;
- Ensure defects liability information is collated, and initial warranty conditions are met;
- Control and manage the process for applications by the project for variance to standards;
- Attend Technical Work Groups;
- Providing technical recommendations in the Testing, Installation and Commissioning phases of customer projects in both LV and MV products;
- Contribute to systems engineering reviews, SiD workshops and stakeholder reviews;
- Client interface and engagement for work packages, including developing the works scope, tendering, scheduling and project management;
- Ensure As-In service documentation is completed by the deliverer and registered appropriately;
- Assist quality, operational readiness, commissioning and handover teams in performing their duties.
- Ensuring that change is effectively managed throughout the project;
- Experience in New Product Development;
- Reviewing and implementing relevant client specification and design within construction work packs;
- Experience in Prototype Validation and Testing;
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- System Integration experience;
- Experience in HVAC equipment design, integration and system performance diagnosis;
- Review of client specific design and provide input to help improve constructability;
- Providing support on technical aspects of construction design to the field teams;
- Experience in building and assembling prototype or new HVAC systems;
- Experience using CAD Software;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Execute, monitor and report on assigned work within schedule;
- Draft project specific documentation including construction and fabrication work packs.