Research causes of fires, determine fire protection methods, and design or recommend materials or equipment such as structural components or fire-detection equipment to assist organizations in safeguarding life and property against fire, explosion, and related hazards.
Senior Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team.
- Review and identify improvement in Design documentation;
- Review and assess engineering works and certify as a RPEQ and/or NER;
- Prepare engineering specifications and reports;
- Conduct audits of engineering works, contracts and engineering QA documentation;
- Maintain and build client relationship together with Directors;
- Conduct and/or coordinate site inspections when necessary;
- Finalise technical documentation (i.e. reports/letters/designs);
- Interpret Local Government development specifications;
- Conduct forensic assessments of failures in engineering works and provide recommendations for remedy;
- Build client confidence and enhance business relationships with a view to securing productive, long-term relationships with clients;
- Compliance with the company’s Quality Assurance systems;
- Work to required company HSE standards;
- To identify opportunities, research and construct business proposals, liaising with internal and/or sub-contract staff as required;
- Lead and Coordinate a team of On-Shore and Off-Shore Engineers;
- Achieve set delivery targets and key Business milestones.
- Experience working in an agile environment;
- exposure to testing frameworks – Junit (Mocha, Cucumber – optional);
- exceptional Java 8 development experience (preferably within micro-services environment);
- knowledge in React or AngularJs desirable;
- spring and Spring Boot based REST API development – Experience in JPA or Hibernate or Spring-data based development;
- good understanding of Relational Databases;
- experience with system monitoring and logging tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Splunk, CloudWatch) desirable;
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, SSH);
- Experience with event driven architecture;
- knowledge of CI/CD. Working experience in Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins (or Bamboo);
- understanding or knowledge of cloud environment – AWS/GCP;
- Experience in leading a multidisciplinary engineering team;
- A current and valid manual ‘C Class’ driver’s license;
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering is required for this role.