Research, design, develop, or test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. May supervise the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Design Engineer to join our team.
- Effectively track projects to maintain and follow up on engineering tasks and issues with all divisions;
- Create engineering soft deliverables, including DFMEA, DVP (Design Validation Plan), and PDS, (Product Design Specification);
- Create and maintain part, assembly, and general arrangement drawings, using Siemens NX CAD software;
- Work with internal staff to develop and implement value-added and cost-down engineering projects;
- Undertake stress analysis using FE and classical techniques;
- Inspection, testing and validation of the final product;
- Create detailed manufacturing and assembly drawings and renderings;
- Customisation of current products;
- Actively promote the supply of leading technical service and leadership by example;
- Develop an understanding of PERI’s products and Technical design strategies, and;
- Provide technical advice on all PERI products to customers and associates PERI employees;
- Ensure work is carried out safely and following workplace health and safety, quality rules and country regulations;
- Provide technical support and job specific sales drawings, installation instructions etc;
- Plastic and sheetmetal product design;
- Prototyping and verification of design.
- Sheet metal, injection molded and cast components design exposure;
- 2D design, packaging and instruction design;
- Need to understand design for manufacturing / design for assembly;
- Expert level design experience using Siemens NX CAD package;
- 5 years mechanical design experience in Automotive or OEM industry sector;
- Experience in Design for manufacturing injection moulding, press tools;
- Experience in Solidworks PDM is an advantage;
- Experience in designing electrical products;
- Previous experience in injection mould and press tool making;
- Good ability to work in a team and with other departments;
- Has knowledge and skills to generate detailed and toleranced drawings using Solidworks;
- Has strong demonstrated skills creating plastic and sheet metal product design using Solidworks;
- Has good attention to detail;
- Ability to generate aesthetically and ergonomically pleasing designs;
- Good written and verbal skills in English.