Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
Mechanical Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team.
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure project success;
- Research new technologies, materials, and manufacturing processes;
- Provide training to other personnel to improve overall capabilities and knowledge;
- Interface with manufacturers to resolve technical issues that may arise in manufacturing and to improve cost and quality of designs;
- Be responsible for all levels of deliverables required to produce a quality part on time (production documentation & supporting data);
- Building on existing relationship with key builders and developers;
- Develop and check engineering drawings to ensure that necessary information for manufacturing and assembly is clearly communicated;
- Producing mechanical HVAC design and documentation for your own projects;
- Participate in design review, risk assessment, and improvement planning;
- Manage commercial aspects of projects including cost estimating;
- Handling internal technical and design questions;
- Design mechanical assemblies, components and mechanisms using Siemens NX CAD software.
- Good knowledge of FEA systems, preferably ANSYS Mechanical;
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering, member of the OIQ;
- Excellent understanding of the design of mechanical components and systems;
- Good knowledge of CAD, preferably SolidWorks;
- At least 3 years of experience in mechanical design of turbomachinery (radial);
- Knowledge of geometric design and tolerancing practice (GD & T).