Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
- Demonstrate high level communication skills and manage an engineering team;
- Adaptation of aggregates and accessories;
- Ensure all mechanical engineering work complies with statutory requirements and company policies;
- Construction of strapping machines;
- Providing drafting/detailing assistance where required;
- Interpreting engineering sketches, develop into a complete design then create drawings ready for fabrication;
- Creating operating instructions in accordance with the Machinery Directive;
- Develop mechanical installation work packages and inspection and test plans;
- Liaise with Project Managers, architects, builders, consultants and purchasing team;
- Creating assembly and repair instructions;
- Assist in developing the technical knowledge and expertise throughout the Operations, Engineering & Maintenance teams;
- Ensuring Regulatory compliance with all required governmental laws and standards associated with site assets;
- Engaging with operations and maintenance personnel as a key team member, facilitating operational and maintenance processes;
- Testing and reporting of prototype tests and evaluations;
- Maintain project schedules.
- Experience in AutoCAD designer;
- Asset Management & Reliability systems implementation and execution;
- Heavy Rotating Equipment;
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical engineering processes;
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years post graduate experience;
- Experience using project management programs;
- Structural, Mechanical & Piping (SMP) Installations;
- Crushing, Milling, Flotation, Filtration & Reagent Batching;
- Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Condition Monitoring;
- Experience in Autodesk Inventor would be an advantage;
- Experience in developing technical documentation such as product and training manuals;
- Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering (or equivalent experience);
- Mechanical Degree/background, with minimum 4-7 years’ experience.