The Senior Mechanical Engineer applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc. Conducts product testing and creates models and prototypes. Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Being a Senior Mechanical Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering. May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products. In addition, Senior Mechanical Engineer typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior Mechanical Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Mechanical Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
- Identification and rectification of engineering issues on site;
- Specify, review and procure electrical equipment;
- Produce design deliverables to schedule and budget;
- General design within complex and varied projects;
- Project management, reporting and client interfacing;
- Technical procurement and detailing of mechanical engineering designs;
- Value and realistic engineering;
- Working on concept design through to detail design;
- Design validation of consultant tender documentation.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline with approximately 10 to 20 years working experience;
- Experience on Owners team;
- Rights to work in Australia;
- Plant operations experience;
- Experience in Vendor data review and Vendor management of mechanical equipment;
- Design and engineering of deliverables and calculations;
- Direct experience with Mining and/or Oil and Gas industries \ projects;
- Experience in site inspections, site installation and site commissioning \ testing.