Warehouse Supervisor supervises the overall warehouse operations and daily activities of staff. Oversees inventory levels, monitors the safety of goods, and ensures the efficient usage of warehouse space. Being a Warehouse Supervisor operates an applicable system to update inventory status and respond to stakeholder’s inquiries. May require an associate degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Warehouse Supervisor typically reports to a manager. The Warehouse Supervisor supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. To be a Warehouse Supervisor typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our team.
- Co-ordinate and allocate work as required to meet plans in most cost effective / efficient way while meeting safety compliance requirements;
- Development of continuous improvement programme to deliver industry leading best practice;
- Implementation of KPI’s to drive operational excellence and identify areas for improvement;
- Ensure all raw materials are receipted, labelled and stored according to company standards;
- Ensuring all Food Quality and People Safety standards and requirements are maintained;
- Developing and maintaining communication with other key internal and external stakeholders;
- Providing day-to-day Supervision and completion of warehouse operational requirements in full on a daily basis;
- Maintaining high standards of Work Health & Safety;
- Reviewing performances of results compared to planned activity and providing explanation for any variances;
- Coordinating with the customer service department;
- Supervise and delegate the picking and packing of orders;
- Supervise the daily inward and outward deliveries;
- Maintaining and contributing proactively to the continued improvement of the warehouse Safety Management System;
- Supervising, organising and motivating warehouse staff;
- Ensuring ensuring accuracy of inventory and development of good customer relations.
- Proven experience driving KPI’s within warehousing;
- Ability to be a dynamic individual and adapt to change quickly;
- Experience using SAP or equivalent tier 1 systems;
- 2-5 years experience as a manager, supervisor or team leader;
- Engage, motivate and lead people to achieve individual and team goals in accordance with SCOTI values;
- Lead and manage the warehouse team to ensure all KPI targets are met;
- Actively train, develop and manage employees to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse operational processes;
- Drive a strong safety culture and initiatives across the site;
- Ensuring the integration and teamwork of the Fulfilment function with all other activities;
- Demonstrate engagement through the information sharing process with Team Members;
- Strong computer literacy, time management and attention to detail;
- A current forklift licence and reach forklift experience;
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to give direction, while participating in a team environment;
- Ability to manage a team to achieve set objectives through training, coaching and mentoring.