Warehouse Manager manages all warehouse activities. Oversees all receiving and distribution operations. Being a Warehouse Manager plans and monitors optimal space utilization and efficient inventory flow. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Warehouse Manager typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Warehouse Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Warehouse Manager typically requires 5-7 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Warehouse Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Warehouse Manager to join our team.
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations;
- Leads the team in line with the values and leadership behaviours of the company;
- Lead and role model a culture of zero harm through effective risk management and consultation with your team regarding all health and safety matters;
- Delivery of process improvement project savings;
- Ensure the management of House Keeping and all process activity waste and ensures its appropriate disposal according to site guidelines;
- Review action plan, dispatching and receiving of product, every 2 hours;
- Strategically managing warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision;
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilisation;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security;
- Conduct regular inventory and stock checks;
- Plan, manage and prioritise a warehouse with oversized and standardized freight;
- Recruiting and training employees;
- Monitor freight charges;
- Receiving and actioning feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- The leadership of all the warehouse staff – this includes their individual development and performance management;
- Pallet Management;
- Ensuring that customer order times are meeting target;
- Forklift License. LF and LO;
- Demonstrated record of getting results through a motivated and engaged team;
- Coordination and management of the national stocktake process;
- Knowledge of sap is essential;
- Introduction of SOP’s / JSA;
- Knowledge of ISO certification;
- Ability to take full ownership for improvement towards best practice output;
- Be well organised;
- Professional and well presented;
- Current forklift and drivers licence;
- Strong Planning and Organisational capability, Multitasking and Problem Solving skills;
- Warehouse Management experience required.