The Logistics Coordinator I coordinates inventory management, warehousing, and transportation activities in order to optimize inventory levels and minimize costs. Provides clerical support for inbound and outbound logistical operations. Being a Logistics Coordinator I typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Supports a variety of logistical functions, including sourcing, receiving, purchasing, and dispatching. In addition, Logistics Coordinator I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Logistics Coordinator I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Logistics Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join our team.
- Process new orders using ERP system;
- Coordinate the logistics of products from the warehouse to the customer;
- Manage stock inventory levels using excel spreadsheets and company database;
- Be responsible for all equipment and number orders using proprietary software and processes;
- Address and resolve any issues with delayed shipments;
- Tracking of containers being unpacked;
- Demonstration a strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills;
- Arrange for the scheduling, shipment, and billing of all orders;
- Ensure best practice is followed with development of SOPs;
- Container transport and warehouse container movement inbound and outbound;
- Process customer PO’s, Returns, and Invoices;
- Effectively coordinate, track, and complete multiple projects simultaneously;
- Monitoring AQIS clearance and unpack;
- Ability to manage frequent changes, delays, and unexpected events;
- Interface with customers, partners and internal teams to effectively set expectations, request action and communicate order status.
- Provide exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Previous experience in logistics, sales administration or similar role type;
- Efficient time management and organisational skills;
- Be Accountable – even when no-one is looking;
- Well organized with strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize;
- Engage Fearlessly – we speak up and listen;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office with exceptional attention to detail;
- Thrive Together – greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential;
- Collaborate Openly – our whole is greater than the sum of our parts;
- Demonstrated fleet management/ transport operations experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in person, phone calls, internal chats and emails;
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the telecom industry, logistics are required for this position;
- Advance Confidently – we find opportunity and act on it;
- Proven experience to resolve tickets, analyze current process ad provide recommendations.