Property Manager maintains a portfolio of properties. Directs the buying, selling, and leasing of properties in the portfolio. Being a Property Manager provides information on operating costs as well as the annual budget for the properties. Evaluates records for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with policies. Additionally, Property Manager may manage commercial, industrial, or residential properties. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Property Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Property Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Property Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Property Manager to join our team.
- Facilitating resources, both in-house and out-sourced, promoting an overall team effort to maintain services and resolve property issues;
- Repairs and maintenance;
- Ensuring all lease and other documentation is fully executed and in place;
- Managing enquiries;
- Conduct periodic inspections;
- Be flexible as duties may vary and be unique to position;
- Complying with RTA regulations and have a good working knowledge of same;
- Follow up any outstanding rent / lease payments;
- Do regular inspections of properties, complete inspection reports, and organise any necessary maintenance jobs;
- Assist with the management of a medium-sized portfolio;
- Preparation of weekly rent reports and invoices;
- Oversee rent reviews and maintain rental arrears;
- Manage rental arrears and conduct rent reviews;
- Process rental applications and sign up new tenants;
- Organise repairs and maintenance requests.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills are essential;
- Hold a current QLD Sales Registration Certificate and Drivers Licence;
- Exceptional organisation, time management and monitoring skills;
- Knowledge of Console is desirable;
- Ideally live locally to the Blue Mountains and have knowledge of the market;
- First class presentation and communication; and;
- Knowledge of End of Month procedures is essential;
- Valid Driver’s Licence and reliable vehicle;
- Current NSW Certificate of Registration or Real Estate Licence;
- At least 1-2 years’ previous experience as a Property Manager;
- Strong communication, and conflict resolution skills;
- A solid background in Property Management is a must;
- An ability to thrive while working under pressure;
- A genuine love of Property Management and People.