Formulate design concepts and presentation approaches for visual communications media, such as print, broadcasting, and advertising. Direct workers engaged in art work or layout design.
Art Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Art Director to join our team.
- May also function as a matte painter for some shot work;
- Actively participates in dailies and transmissions;
- Work closely with VFX Supervisor, and Lighting and Comp Supervisors to help define the look on shots and provide guidance for lighting and compositing;
- Tracks and archives all work including project files, renders, source images, and textures;
- Help drive shots or sequences forward;
- Oversees the creation of CG assets from Concept art, ensuring design continuity through the production process;
- Partner with Art Directors at the company on visual development across shows with a focus on shows for the Singapore studio;
- Inspire new ideas in the team, through high-level knowledge of competitive and complimentary print, digital and social experiences;
- Designing, developing and implementing print, digital and online solutions that cross a broad base of printed media and interactive media and devices;
- You will be required to undertake image research and management, liaise with photographers and stylists and manage shoots;
- You will be engaged in executing the pre-press requirements for a number of titles ensuring layouts are print ready;
- Thorough understanding of art direction, eg: briefing and managing designers, finished artists, web developers, photographers, stylists, etc;
- In addition, the successful applicant will have a passion for design, interiors, art and architecture;
- Partner with Art Directors at ILM SF on visual development across shows with a focus on shows for the Singapore studio;
- Partners with ILM SF Art Directors, ensuring work is done according to the specifications of Director/Key Creatives.
- Experience creating environments, hard surface, and creature design;
- Ability to support different productions with various design needs;
- Ability to work under pressure while implementing changes based on input from multiple sources;
- Developed “eye” and strong aesthetic;
- Ability to work closely with CG leadership and within a production environment;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrated understanding and creation of photo real work;
- Clear understanding of anatomy and motion of organic and mechanical forms.