Psychologists Psychologists study cognitive, emotional, and social processes and behavior by observing, interpreting, and recording how individuals relate to one another and to their environments.
Psychologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Psychologist to join our team.
- Provide education and support to family, staff, carers, service providers and others involved in ongoing patient care and management;
- Delivery of therapeutic interventions for people with a disability and their families and carers;
- Maintaining an awareness of school community issues and events which may impact on the school, and work with key staff as relevant/required;
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health disorders and their relationship to adolescent development;
- Liaise with parents/carers, staff and external professionals/agencies as required to ensure care of students and appropriate case management;
- Clear understanding of normal and abnormal adolescent development;
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia;
- Bachelor degree in Psychology or equivalent qualification;
- Understanding of behaviour support arrangements under the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission;
- Endorsed with the Psychology Board of Australia to practice in the approval area of clinical psychology;
- Experience in the assessment, consultation, therapeutic intervention planning and program development;
- Well-developed conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to collect, interpret and utilise clinical data;
- Commitment to providing quality services and care to children and adults with a disability;
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Current First Aid certificate, Working with Children Check, NSW Driver’s Licence and own car (car allowance paid);
- AN open and creative mindset – new and innovative ideas are encouraged;
- Post graduate degree in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Neuropsychology;
- Proven clinical experience developing and implementing behaviour support plans;
- Enthusiasm to be part of a professional team;
- Endorsement by the Psychology Board of Australia as a Clinical Psychologist or Clinical Neuropsychologist;
- Current drivers licence.