Occupational Therapist plans and conducts individualized occupational therapy programs to help patients develop, regain, or maintain their ability to perform daily activities. Teaches patients skills/techniques and how to use adaptive equipment for participating in activities. Being an Occupational Therapist studies, evaluates, and records patients’ activities and progress. May require a master’s degree. Additionally, Occupational Therapist typically reports to a manager. Typically requires Occupational Therapist certification. Occupational Therapist’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Occupational Therapist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Occupational Therapist to join our team.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to the resolution of complex situations that may involve negotiation with multiple service providers;
- Implement the plan of care through direct treatment;
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and ability to complete work with minimal direction;
- Provide high quality occupational therapy assessments and intervention to NDIS participants;
- Skills training for clients, carers and direct care workers, and carer support and training;
- Actively participate in OT discipline meetings, professional development and ongoing learning opportunities;
- Evaluating patients’ functional status in their home, work/school and leisure environments;
- Ensure compliance with Code of Practice and duty of care to participants and service users;
- Participate in regular professional development opportunities;
- Coordinate treatment with other healthcare professionals as required;
- Plan, deliver and evaluate Occupational Therapy services to customers and NDIS participants that focus on participant goal attainment;
- Establish treatment goals;
- Maintain professional relationships with clients in adherence to legislative requirements and guidelines;
- Ensure services meet quality standards and contractual agreements;
- The prescription of equipment (including funding applications) and recommendations for home modifications to enhance occupational performance.
- Carer training;
- Upper limb therapy;
- Fine Motor, Gross Motor and Development;
- Sensory Therapy;
- Current and full registration with AHPRA;
- Drivers License;
- Experience in NDIS clinical service delivery (highly desirable);
- Bachelor degree in Occupational Therapy and current AHPRA registration;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team;
- Degree in Occupational Therapy;
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy;
- Evidence of completion of the NDIS mandatory orientation module;
- Able to work with the pressure of billable hours;
- Possess a NSW Driver’s Licence and vehicle.