Category Specialist – Energy Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Category Specialist – Energy to join our team.
- Provide support to Assets and other Regional Functions for leveraging of contracts, where appropriate;
- Work with customers to get engagement in strategies, contracts and plans;
- Develop sourcing strategies for spend categories;
- Participate in cross functional team sourcing reviews or projects as required;
- Research, analyse and report on market intelligence including the competitive supplier balance and market demand and supply;
- Create recommendations for award;
- Create, manage and monitor contracts;
- Develop, publish and manage tenders and their commercial evaluation in line with sourcing projects;
- Ensure that targeted financial savings are achieved within a framework of financial control and that new business savings are achieved;
- Conduct opportunity assessments to identify and prioritize efforts across categories and sub-categories;
- Establish strong relationships with key business to understand business objectives;
- Manage development, implementation, and alignment of global/regional sourcing strategies;
- Drive continuous improvement efforts (e.g. processes, use of systems and tools).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with disparate teams;
- Substantial experience in category management or strategic sourcing and pricing and contract T&Cs negotiations; negotiation aptitude;
- Strong supplier relationship development and Industry experience preferred;
- Strong analytical skills.