Light Vehicle Mechanical Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Light Vehicle Mechanical Technician to join our team.
- Reassembling, testing, cleaning and adjusting repaired or replaced parts or assemblies;
- Testing and repairing electrical systems such as lighting, instrumentation and other vehicle body management systems;
- Using scan tools and computers to identify vehicle electronic faults and ensure repaired or replaced components are operating correctly;
- Diagnosing, repairing and replacing engine management/fuel injection and electric vehicle components;
- Repairing/replacing faulty parts by removing assemblies such as engines, transmissions, differentials and steering gear;
- Tuning and diagnosing engines using electronic equipment.
- Willingness to learn;
- Friendly and have a great personality;
- Ability to follow instructions, processes and procedures;
- Provisional Drivers Licence;
- Good communication skills;
- Successful completion of MTA’s pre-selection test which can be conducted at our Training and Employment Centre or Online;
- Completion of year 10 or higher;
- Passion for the Motor Industry;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent time management skills.