Motor Mechanic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Motor Mechanic to join our team.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions;
- Carry out schedule services and repairs to vehicles as direct, such as engine tune-ups, oil changes and lubrication;
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test-drives, adjusting controls and systems;
- Testing and adjusting mechanical parts after being repaired for proper performance;
- Discuss problems with car drivers or vehicle operators to discover faults in engines and parts;
- Maintain vehicle records by recording service and repairs undertaken;
- Provide diagnosis, conduct tests and repairs and provide the costs to fix the faults;
- Liaise with suppliers in ordering parts required for repairs of motor vehicles.
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical Technology or equivalent;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in relevant field;
- Work unsupervised;
- Must have a minimum of four years’ experience as a qualified light vehicle mechanic or equivalent;
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a trade qualified mechanic / automotive technician;
- Attention to detail;
- Cleanliness and good presentation;
- Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical Technology or relevant;
- Ideally have a Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or equivalent.