Automotive Mechanic I performs maintenance and repairs on automobiles and light trucks. Provides miscellaneous mechanic works, including but not limited to body work, diagnosing, disassembling and assembling components and engines. Being an Automotive Mechanic I performs all duties according to safety procedures. Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Automotive Mechanic I typically reports to a supervisor. The Automotive Mechanic I works under moderate supervision. Gaining or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. To be an Automotive Mechanic I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Automotive Mechanic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Automotive Mechanic to join our team.
- Accessory fitment;
- General Log Book Services on a large range of vehicles of all ages;
- Warranty work consistent with manufacturers requirements;
- Diagnostics and fault findings;
- Conducting major and minor faults finding repairing and/or replacing as required (engine parts, brakes, drums);
- All kinds of additional duties as required.
- Availability to work weekends;
- Experience working on a range of vehicles;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team;
- Ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision;
- Previous experience as a Light Vehicle Mechanic;
- Vast mechanical/tyre knowledge across a range of vehicle brands;
- Good troubleshooting, diagnostic and repair work skills on a range of vehicles to the highest standards;
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Relevant qualification (at least AQF3 or equivalent qualification);
- Valid Australian drivers licence;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Be motivated and hardworking.