The Systems Administrator – Senior administers, installs and troubleshoots a variety of operating systems. Maintains and supports the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems. Being a Systems Administrator – Senior schedules, installs, and tests system software upgrades. Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery and file maintenance. In addition, Systems Administrator – Senior configures software and resolves technical problems. Monitors and maintains software licensing and maintenance agreements. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. Being a Systems Administrator – Senior contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Systems Administrator – Senior typically requires 3 to 5 years of related experience.
Senior Systems Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team.
- Monitors the utilization of all systems to detect potential errors or problems and provides necessary prevention guidelines;
- Manage day to day operations such as deployments, networking changes, etc;
- Analyse, debug, isolate and remedy issues;
- Maintain user accounts. Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Provide ad-hoc support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports as required;
- Microsoft Enterprise Platform administration (AD, Domain services, Exchange/O365);
- Monitor, maintain and specify externally facing networks;
- Cisco routing and switching deployment, configuration experience;
- Monitor, maintain and specify internal networks;
- Deploying and managing Sophos AV platform;
- Undertake ad-hoc infrastructure maintenance and improvement works;
- O365 Administration (Exchange Online, One Drive, Sharepoint);
- Undertake infrastructure maintenance and improvement works;
- Monitors networks and servers to determine upgrade requirements and general utilization issues;
- Responsible for firewall and configurations.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with exceptional organization skills;
- Blade workstations, Teradici portals etc;
- Experience with OS deployment systems eg. iPXE, SCCM;
- Good knowledge of operating system internals;
- Linux command line and scripting skills eg. Bash/Csh/Python/Perl/etc;
- Experienced with monitoring technologies such as PRTG, InMon, Zabbix, etc;
- Proven experience required across Linux, OSX and Windows platforms;
- Ability to manage time effectively and continually re-prioritise tasks;
- Experience with Google GSuite administration;
- Strong experience required across AD, DNS, DHCP, NIS, LDAP;
- Detailed and methodical approach to trouble shooting and resolving issues;
- Experience with configuration management systems eg. Ansible, Salt, CFEngine, etc;
- Provide direct user support when necessary, which includes hardware, software and peripherals;
- Familiarity with high performance storage systems eg. Isilon, NetApp, etc;
- Experience with disk and tape backup technologies eg. NetBackup, etc.