Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
Database Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team.
- Monitor and maintain database stability and availability, ensure all database instances meet organisational uptime standards;
- Delivering reports and dashboards in SSRS;
- Maintain database performance (capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning of databases);
- Identifying and improving performance problems and degradation in query performance and give recommendations on improving them;
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements;
- Oversee various high availability and DR technology like, clustering, mirroring, replication and AlwaysOn databases;
- Assist in application support and improvements for critical line of business systems;
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on end user’s specialised role and business requirements;
- Design and implement databases in accordance to the business information needs and views;
- Provide proactive and where required reactive data management support and training to users;
- Design, update and maintain Import profiles to facilitate efficient bulk data imports into the CRM;
- Regularly review and update current processes and procedures relating to data management and donation processing where needed;
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses;
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity;
- Identify opportunities to update our processes and systems.
- Experience with database projects;
- Cloud migration experience (AWS preferred);
- Database migration experience;
- Knowledge of database best practices;
- Experience with database integration;
- Experience with Always-On availability groups;
- Experience with MSSQL 2012 & 2016, including stored procedures.