Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
Network Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Network Engineer to join our team.
- Integrating worldwide networks for the recently completed massive acquisition of UBM, with associated real estate rationalisation;
- Worldwide deployment of ZScaler Private and Internet access cloud VPN technology;
- Migration from VPLS and MPLS services to Internet access only;
- Participate in support / collaborative calls with global counterparts;
- Collaborate with Global IT systems and DevOps engineering teams to complete cross-functional project work;
- Implement and integrate network solutions and enhance high-quality network system infrastructure;
- Collaborate with vendors and engineers to drive the deployment throughout the project lifecycle and ensure proper solution delivery;
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network-related service problems;
- Develop and advance Zero Trust Networking model across a 1000+ node networking environment;
- Establish and implement network management policies and guidelines to ensure the maximum availability of firm’s network;
- Follow the network design and give appropriate feedback to continually improve and streamline deployments;
- Identify areas for improvement and development with the capability to implement industry best practices.
- Deep technical RAN knowledge is an advantage;
- Python – Pandas & NumPy, Pyspark, Hadoop, Git repository or similar;
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering or IT;
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline;
- Highly logical thinker with strong analytical skills for a high level of problem solving and sharing of solutions within the department;
- Ability to prioritise effectively and ensure effective execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills in relation to the resolution of network-related technical issues especially when under pressure;
- Wireless (Cisco and Motorola);
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure;
- Scripting (Perl, Powershell, Bash, TCL, EEM, Python, etc);
- Network troubleshooting;
- Excellent experience with Routing and Switching, Wireless and documentation;
- Customer service.