The Senior Network Engineer troubleshoots the complex network issues involving various factors. Installs, maintains and evaluates network systems and communications. Being a Senior Network Engineer must have extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree of computer science, or engineering or its equivalent. Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. In addition, Senior Network Engineer typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior Network Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Network Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Network Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team.
- Adhere to change control practices;
- Prepare user requirements statements (estimates) for the completion of enhancement and minors works requested by customers;
- Adhere to Change Management procedures;
- Maintain the currency of your technical knowledge in network & security concepts, technologies, and tools (both current and emerging);
- Provide local support for our global Security Operations team during a Security Incident;
- Provide occasional 2nd Level support within the Networks team as required;
- Creation of detailed design documentation of moderate to complex solutions;
- Provide occasional 2nd Level support within the Networks team if and when required;
- Technical implementation & maintenance of new & existing customers systems;
- Mentoring of Junior Network Engineers;
- The implementation of moderate to complex customer network changes;
- Completion of all work in line with relevant NEC processes and procedures;
- Risk, change and event management;
- Maintain awareness of cyber-security and assess, communicate or escalate as required;
- Managing the day to day ICT environment CPE router configuration and support.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies such as Ethernet, Spanning Tree, Vlans, Routing, DNS & DHCP;
- Extensive experience with managing Cisco Routers, Switches and ASA Firewalls;
- Experience with configuring and implementing load balancing technology (any vendor);
- Basic understanding of Windows and Linux systems administration;
- Previous experience designing Wi-Fi systems for large enterprise environments;
- Deep understanding of wireless systems;
- Use of revision control / configuration management systems;
- Experience with Mikrotik networking equipment;
- Quality of Service;
- 3 years experience in a hands-on network design and implementation role;
- 3 years experience in software development;
- Liaise with various stakeholders from customers and clients through to 3rd party vendors;
- Cisco CCNA and CCNP Certificates;
- Wireless network management experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of LTE and WAN.