House Supervisor provides oversight for multiple hospital departments in the absence of unit management. Addresses patient care, staffing, and any other issues that may arise. Being a House Supervisor supervises nurses and staff and takes administrative responsibilities and ensures adequate staffing for the oncoming shift. Handles occurrences during the shift, ensuring appropriate documentation and communication. Additionally, House Supervisor determines the issues to be referred to the Administrator on call. Collaborates with patients, family members and physicians to ensure needs are met and problems are resolved. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree of nursing. Typically reports to manager or head of a unit/department. Requires certification as a registered nurse (RN). The House Supervisor manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a House Supervisor typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
House Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a House Supervisor to join our team.
- Advocate within the broader community on behalf of clients and their families, to support inclusion, participation and respect for rights;
- Manage a small staff team and related services including but not restricted to, roster development, shift allocation, supervision etc;
- Define and maintain professional boundaries;
- Work independently or as a team supervisor, with access to supervision, in a range of organisational relationships;
- Identify learning and career development opportunities;
- Work to develop and maintain team morale and effectiveness and provide day-to-day mentoring and share practice knowledge.
- Full driver’s licence;
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate;
- Current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC);
- Advanced Diploma Disability Work or equivalent Disability related qualification;
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent Disability related qualification.