The Senior Contracts Administrator is responsible for preparing bids and negotiating specifications with suppliers, partners or customers. Assists in the preparation of contractual provisions and the administration of contract proposals. Being a Senior Contracts Administrator acts as liaison between organization and subcontractors to implement the contracts. Examines and reviews materials for bids or contracts. In addition, Senior Contracts Administrator requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior Contracts Administrator contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Contracts Administrator typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Contracts Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Contracts Administrator to join our team.
- Ensure that all contracts meet the legal, commercial and corporate standards and agreed benchmarks;
- Liaise with key stakeholders ensuring clear communication;
- Assist with the upkeep of the procurement register;
- Review and negotiate technical and contract documentation;
- Assist the Contracts Manager with the upkeep and roll out of legislative changes being incorporated over the life of the project;
- Procurement and management of subcontractors and trades;
- Maintain and update variation registers;
- Assist in the preparation and administration of tender and subcontract documentation;
- EOM accruals, and cost reporting assistance, to the finance team;
- Administer Contract Clause Departures during the procurement phase;
- Sub-contractor management – including contractual notices and letters;
- Coordinate with the engineering team on pricing, submissions and variations;
- Respond to subcontractor enquiries, claims and develop relationships;
- Agreement and certification of sub-contractor’s interim valuations and final accounts, for both schedule of rates and lump sum contracts;
- Assist the engineering team in drafting special conditions for contracts.
- Possess a good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the construction industry;
- Ideally hold relevant qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or similar;
- Have a high level of personal motivation and commercial acumen;
- Have experience working at a Senior Contracts Administration level and supervising junior team members;
- A proven background managing claims and monitoring contractual process;
- 10+ years experienced preferred working on large scale construction contracts;
- Able to coordinate multidisciplinary teams;
- Previous knowledge and experience administering complex construction projects;
- A confident understanding of the infrastructure space with transport projects preferred;
- Confident in managing towards tight project timeframes;
- Adept at contract close-out and finalisation.