Legal and Compliance officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal and Compliance officer to join our team.
- Review all contracts, leases and documents prior to execution;
- Work with Finance to introduce Procurement systems and procedures to manage all contracts;
- Providing legal advice, documentation and management of external dispute resolution matters;
- Support the Chief Finance and Corporate Services with corporate governance including maintaining compliance registers;
- Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements;
- Review and advise on regulatory issues, internal governance and compliance policies;
- Review and develop corporate governance polices and other policies as required;
- Drafting key commercial agreements and deeds in relation to fund operation arrangements;
- Assist with M&A actvity;
- Support the development and maintenance of YSAS’s corporate/organisations risk framework including risk register;
- Engage with the business to identify legal and regulatory issues.
- Exposure to superannuation and management investment schemes highly desirable;
- Strong knowledge of financial services and regulatory environment;
- Motivated, self-starter;
- Relevant experience as qualified lawyer practicing in financial services law;
- High level of professional and personal integrity.