Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, and water and sewage systems.
Structural Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Structural Engineer to join our team.
- Detailed design and documentation of steel and reinforced concrete structures;
- Leading delivery of structural aspects in projects from inception to completion;
- Completing concept reviews;
- Coaching and mentoring of junior staff members;
- Prepare engineering specifications and reports;
- Undertake calculation of pressures and stresses on building components;
- Develop and review repair procedures and/or Scope of Work for addressing structural issues;
- Conducting inspections, assessments and interfacing with stakeholders;
- Provide field engineering support during execution of structural repairs and modification;
- Advise on and conduct structural inspections on critical assets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with clients, builders, developers, and other consultants;
- Worked with tier 1 or tier 2 consultancies;
- Experience with Spacegass/Microstran;
- Ability to manage site phase of projects including site inspections, and communication with builders and relevant stakeholders;
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering (Structures);
- A minimum of 3-5 years local experience in Australia in the design of residential, commercial, retail, and mixed-use buildings;
- Experience with ETABS;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office including a range of project types and sizes;
- In-depth knowledge of concrete, steel or wood structure design;
- Good knowledge of design codes and standards;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent;
- Knowledge of structural analysis software;
- Mining industry experience with a background in the Structural Integrity of tanks, steel fixtures, concrete, conveyors, and crushers;
- Must have 5 + years of previous experience working as a Structural Engineer;
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering (structural orientation).