The Senior Civil Engineer responsibilities also include estimating costs and personnel and material needs, preparing proposals and establishing completion dates. Designs and supervises construction projects such as airports, bridges, channels, dams, railroads, and roads. Being a Senior Civil Engineer may report to an executive or a manager. Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Working as a Senior Civil Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
Senior Civil Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team.
- Mentoring and sharing your project experience with junior engineers;
- Preparation of conceptual and detailed designs;
- Planning resource needs in consultation with Project Managers;
- Actively participate in activities that develop and promote your career, that of your colleagues and the Cardno group;
- Building and maintaining client relationships through effective business development;
- Assisting with construction including occasional site-based work as required;
- Documentation for civil projects including specifications, cost estimates and tender submissions;
- Providing technical support to other engineers and internal stakeholders;
- Design, and overseeing design of roads, subdivision and drainage, water and sewerage reticulation and infrastructure;
- Managing projects including drafters and engineers of other disciplines; and;
- Undertaking Civil design tasks from concept through to construction;
- Project scoping and preparation of bids;
- Checking designs completed by others;
- Overseeing and managing projects to ensure work output is of a technically high standard and activities are commercially viable for the business;
- Identifying new work opportunities and prepare proposals.
- Communicate effectively with all external (multidisciplinary consultants) and internal (managers, engineers, colleagues etc.), and;
- Embody enthusiasm to work with a collaborative, national team in a multidisciplinary engineering setting;
- Train, mentor and supervise junior engineers.