Conduct sub-surface surveys to identify the characteristics of potential land or mining development sites. May specify the ground support systems, processes and equipment for safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction or underground construction activities. May inspect areas for unsafe geological conditions, equipment, and working conditions. May design, implement, and coordinate mine safety programs.
Mining Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mining Engineer to join our team.
- Provide support from a planning and scheduling perspective for Life of Mine and Budget cycles;
- Coordinate medium to long term schedules, designs and critical infrastructure projects;
- Assist with identifying, escalating and managing technical risks/opportunities;
- Format and issue medium-term mine designs that will both ensure maximum value, whilst reducing risk.
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or similar;
- Geotechnical experience (Desirable);
- Experience using mine planning software;
- Experience in open cut coal mine engineering;
- Experience in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets/databases;
- Experience in development of mining schedules;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong data analysis skills;
- High level written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to multi task & prioritise;
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering;
- High level computer literacy and interpersonal skills;
- Minimum 1 year open cut mine planning experience.