Geotechnical engineers work to make sure that foundations for built objects ranging from streets and buildings to runways and dams, are solid. They focus on how structures built by civil engineers, such as buildings and tunnels, interact with the earth (including soil and rock). In addition, they design and plan for slopes, retaining walls, and tunnels.
Geotechnical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team.
- Geotechnical assessments & monitoring including design instillation & analysis of data;
- Performance & review of face mapping of rock slopes & cuts and stabilisation measures;
- Underground data collection & stability investigations;
- Geotechnical analysis of slopes, shallow foundations and retaining structures using industry standard software;
- Assisting where needed with geotechnical report writing;
- Assessment of Excavation, Rockmass & Support performance;
- Audits / Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QACQ) of ground support applications & standards;
- Analysis and design of laboratory test results and geotechnical data;
- Maintain client contact and customer liaison;
- Preparation and design input of geotechnical interpretative reports;
- Participate in field investigations and projects requiring geotechnical design and analysis;
- Geotechnical assessment and input into mine design and drill & blast;
- Undertaking in-situ geotechnical testing & sampling of soil and rock materials;
- Prepare geotechnical reports and proposals for clients;
- Organise, co-ordinate and lead field investigations and projects requiring geotechnical design and analysis.
- Work in a role that develop your skills and grow your career;
- Training and development on offer as the team grows;
- Relocate to N.QLD and DIDO from Townsville or residential in Charters Towers;
- FIFO options available for the right applicant;
- Attractive salary package + super + company benefits.