The Cafe Manager oversees operations including ordering, inventory, meal planning, food preparation, and service. Manages an on site company cafeteria. Being a Cafe Manager manages and trains cafeteria staff. Ensures operations are in compliance with all food safety and sanitation regulations. In addition, Cafe Manager may require an associate’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Cafe Manager supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. Working as a Cafe Manager typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Cafe Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cafe Manager to join our team.
- Awareness of OH&S requirements in the workspace;
- Providing coaching and direction to the team, alongside training and performance management as required;
- Driving & motivating staff to provide an outstanding service experience;
- Identifying opportunities to increase sales and improve the customer experience;
- Developing a positive team culture, consistent with our brand values;
- Managing the venue’s administration, systems and ordering;
- Rostering the team to provide optimal coverage throughout the day whilst maintaining budgets;
- Ensuring that the venue is well maintained;
- Inspiring team members to excel and instilling an appreciation for quality;
- Complete all temperature recordings on a daily basis, stock take and any other paperwork required;
- Document and maintain impeccable standards of cleaning, safe food handling, HACCP and compliance regulations and procedures;
- Accurate financial settlement of tills each day;
- Manage and maintain stock within the café and complete orders as per the agreed timelines;
- Leading and coaching staff through their responsibilities;
- Active hands on role in preparation, service delivery and menu development of food and beverages within the café.
- Design or marketing both online and off;
- Event planning.