Restaurant Manager is responsible for overall operations of the restaurant, which may include overseeing the staff, monitoring inventory, purchasing equipment and supplies, and ensuring quality customer service and compliance with all food and beverage regulations. Trains, hires, and schedules other employees. Being a Restaurant Manager requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to top management. The Restaurant Manager supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. To be a Restaurant Manager typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Restaurant Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Restaurant Manager to join our team.
- Conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service;
- Organising marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes;
- Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards plus liquor regulations are obeyed;
- Estimating food and beverage consumption;
- Coordinate the entire operation of the restaurant to ensure smooth operation;
- Curating culture and nurturing the team;
- Monitor and meet budget goals and forecasts;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures;
- Prepare and arrange tables settings;
- Maintaining market position of Cutler&Co as a premium dining destination;
- Communicate order details to the kitchen staff;
- Lead the hiring and training of all FOH staff;
- Undertake promotional activities and expand business operation;
- Manage a simple social media strategy;
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
- AQF Diploma or Higher – degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling;
- Must hold RSA;
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills with ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with cash register and ordering information – POS systems;
- Solid understanding of management practices;
- Exceptional communication and presentation;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- Able and willing to work weekends, public holidays, opening and closing shifts;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Exemplary leadership with focus on staff development;
- Able to optimise customer sales through effectively adding value at the counter and at the table;
- Able to work unsupervised;
- Diploma in Restaurant Service and Management or relevant;
- Able to provide consistent, friendly and efficient service to all customers;
- Strong business acumen.