Bartenders Bartenders mix drinks and serve them directly to customers or through wait staff.
Bartender Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Bartender to join our team.
- Understand menu content, any menu changes, and promotional activities;
- Take food orders and assist the floor team with deliveries as required;
- Efficiently manage the proper settlement of all customer accounts;
- Keep your service area clean, tidy, and well-prepared;
- Answer Guest queries in a polite and helpful manner;
- Create and serve a range of beverages including classic cocktails, mixers, beer, wine and soft drinks etc;
- Receive orders and serve customer requests completely in a timely manner;
- Cocktail making, mixing drinks, pouring wine and beer;
- Ensure accuracy whilst ordering and delivering food and beverage orders;
- Liaise with the kitchen on special requests or delayed meals;
- Clear and reset tables as well as ensuring service areas are clean and tidy;
- Explain the menu to guests, assisting those with special dietary needs or preferences;
- Use POS terminals to place orders;
- Maximise sales opportunities by upselling items;
- Maintain standards of hygiene for food handling and presentation.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and positively to a range of work situations;
- Previous experience within a cocktail bar environment;
- Flexibility in hours as you will be working rostered shifts, especially on weekends;
- The ability to create classic cocktails;
- Exceptional personal presentation and communication skills;
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service.