Experienced Youth Staff Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Experienced Youth Staff to join our team.
- Directs children in eating, resting and toileting;
- Assists the Youth Activities Manager in planning, prganizing and implementing entertaining and educational programs for all ages between 3 and 17;
- Determines the activities to initated based on the ages and the needs of the children assigned to participate in the scheduled activity;
- Reports to the Youth Activities Manager on board;
- Participates in embarkation procedures, directs and escorts guests to their staterooms;
- Organizes and leads youth activities, ages 3-17 years, in designated activity centers, assigned areas and throughout the vessel;
- Acts as a role model for the youth with regard to leadership, friendliness, diplomacy, honesty, fair play, sportsmanship and open-mindedness;
- Communicates with parents in a tactful and courteous manner to generate a high level of comfort;
- Always provides an immediate positive first impression for every parent and child;
- Intervenes when a conflict arises or when a child needs extra attention or assistance in order to enjoy the activities;
- Serves meals and refreshments to children and regulates rest periods.
- Participate in required Emergency duties as specified in the ship Assembly Plan;
- Comply and engage in all safety training whilst onboard;
- Assist in the facilitation of crew events, as needed;
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in education, recreation or related filed required;
- Experience working for youth groups, camps or YMCA type facilities preferred;
- 3-5 years experience working with children ages 3-17 required;
- All staff MUST comply with all company policies and procedures, along with all maritime rules and regulations;
- Execute additional job responsibilities;
- Opportunity for advancement.