Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services.
General Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a General Manager to join our team.
- Integrate Agency objectives into program specific planning and service delivery processes;
- Advocate on regional sport and active recreation needs to government and other bodies;
- Explore opportunities that may strengthen the growth of the Company;
- Total profitability of the business;
- Plan and effectively implement strategies and policies for business development and growth;
- Overall plan for sales & business development;
- Recruitment, on-boarding & training new staff within the residential PM team;
- Ensure all Managers and staff are directly focused on exceeding member expectations;
- Work with the existing team to improve efficiency and productivity across all areas;
- Product & supplier selection and liaison;
- Manage and develop staff within the club;
- Ensure effective implementation of club marketing strategy and action plan;
- Understanding key business imperatives and engage direct reports to deliver outcomes;
- Identification and implementation of operating model improvements;
- Coaching and mentoring the team.
- Client requires minimum baseline security clearance;
- ASAP start for 12 month contract with option for permanency;
- Ensure best practice is a high priority for LV’s administration and finances;
- Ensure LV’s operations and corporate governance complies with current legislation;
- Experience within the vertical transport or a similar technical industry;
- Actively search for and apply for relevant funding opportunities for LV;
- A proven track record of strong entrepreneurial skills and managerial experience in a service orientated operation;
- Provide support for club recruitment and retention activities;
- Sales and business development experience;
- Provide support for clubs to improve processes and procedures with regard to club administration;
- Experience in selling to specifiers and directly to customers;
- Oversee the establishment and roll-out of a marketing and comms plan in order to grow the sport’s profile in Victoria;
- Develop, oversee and support various advisory groups;
- Be a trade qualified fitter or turner;
- Experience in the paper industry.