The Financial Controller establishes and maintains the organization’s overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. Leads and directs an organization’s accounting functions. Being a Financial Controller presents findings and recommendations to management. Directs all analysis and reporting of financial information including budgets, planning, and required filings and reports. In addition, Financial Controller requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Typically requires CPA.Typically reports to Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Financial Controller manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Financial Controller Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Financial Controller to join our team.
- Planning and liaison with auditors and preparation of the annual report;
- Coordination and compilation of monthly board papers;
- Provide strategic analysis and commentary to department heads and the board;
- Ensuring dealership insurance requirements are met;
- Preparation of monthly factory reporting;
- Monthly and annual statutory reporting (BAS, PAYG, Payroll Tax, FBT and Income Tax);
- Oversight of the annual budgeting process;
- Development of effective and efficient financial policies and procedures;
- Work in closely with operational staff;
- Assist with Annual and biannual listed statutory accounts, liaise with auditors,
- Capital Works Management;
- Ensure the timely and accurate production of all business unit monthly management reports and monthly performance/variance analysis;
- Preparation and production of Board reports;
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual financial reporting requirements;
- Manage and lead a small finance team.
- Excellent IT administration skills;
- Minimum 5+ years? experience in a similar role, ideally in the motor vehicle industry;
- Exposure to statutory reporting including Income Tax Returns;
- Thorough knowledge and experience of financial and accounting principles and procedures;
- Tertiary qualifications in business or accounting, with CA/CPA qualification desirable;
- Experience leading and growing a team through change;
- Strong understanding of internal controls, compliance and governance with the ability to think strategically and commercially;
- Fully qualified accountant preferrably from Chartered background (Big 4/Mid tier);
- Experience with the disability sector or a strong interest in developing your understanding of this community;
- A strong sense of drive, innovation, commitment and an adaptability to change;
- In depth knowledge of technical accounting standards and the know-how and enthusiasm for sharing that knowledge with others;
- Well developed analytical and numerical skills with budgeting, forecasting and planning exposure;
- A qualified accountant, ideally with experience in a high transaction, complex and fast growing environment, plus Big 4 consulting or similar.