First Electrician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a First Electrician to join our team.
- Assures correct disposal of garbage to comply with International, National and Company regulations;
- Assigns maintenance duties to his engine department personnel, actively supervising overhaul and repair work;
- Operates with the full consideration for the comfort of Guests;
- Inspects work in progress, and on completion, assuring that manpower is utilized to its fullest extent;
- Assigns maintenance, repair duties to electricians, actively supervising in any overhaul, and repair work;
- Supervises the use of appropriate material used for maintenance, assuring required safety for personnel and equipment;
- Ensures control over the issue and use of materials to prevent waste;
- Prepares requisitions and spare parts, submitting them to the Chief Electrician for approval.
- High School Graduation with appropriate licenses obtained from certified Technical Institutes;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard;
- Windows based computer ability and proven knowledge of MS Office suite is a must;
- At least 5 years of experience in the position on board of Ships operating internationally;
- Proficiency in security awareness training is required;
- STCW trainings are compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techiniques, elementary first aid, perosnal security and social responsibility);
- VISA working permit, Entry and/or Transit VISAs may be required depending on ship itinerary;
- Good supervisory skills, crisis, and problem handling;
- Fluent in oral and written English and Italian. Knowledge of other Foreign language is a plus.