Buyer I assists in purchasing materials, supplies and services at the most favorable terms for the organization. Qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services. Being a Buyer I tracks purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information. May require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Buyer I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Buyer I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Buyer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Buyer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Buyer to join our team.
- Action specific daily sales reporting and analysis sales information;
- Report on range performance to suppliers when requested;
- Maintain strong relationships with the Buying team, Marketing team, and external suppliers;
- Increase minimum margin dollar for departments to a minimum of 60% for all new styles (unless approved otherwise);
- Drive growth of department sales margin dollars, based on sales from previous months;
- Identify and act on trends that are relevant to the Princess Polly Customer;
- Appropriately spend OTB each month, in line with opening and closing SOH targets;
- Closely monitor all deliverables, to ensure that stock is received on time and in correct quantities;
- Lead, source and develop your categories in line with company option targets;
- Submit monthly snapshot reports.
- Have 2 + years’ experience as a Buyer – fast fashion highly desirable;
- Be fashion-forward & trend-focused;
- Great communication and relationship building skills;
- Know and love our brand & product, connecting with our customer;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Have a great eye for our product and what sets us apart.