Design or create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
Graphic Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team.
- File management and organisation of internal assets;
- Development of graphics and signage for events;
- Digital and print creative designs and layouts across a variety of channels for multiple in-house brands;
- Study design briefs and determine requirements;
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand;
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints;
- Experience with photography, copywriting, printing processes and video editing is advantageous;
- Web Design experience in WordPress platform;
- Video content for social media;
- Landing page creation as well as basic website design and ongoing updates;
- Develop & implement new creative ideas to help drive sales;
- Managing application of the branding guidelines;
- Develop and create campaign materials for Netball NSW and to promote our brand;
- Test graphics across various media;
- Assist with AV design for Netball NSW events.
- Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or similar;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Microsoft Office (including, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Advance skills in Adobe CC with basic skills in WordPress, HTML, CSS, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Premiere Pro preferred;
- Experience using DSLR and/or video cameras;
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Business or Marketing;
- Confidence in being able to deliver from concept through to finished art in both print and digital applications;
- Strong knowledge of design principles;
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and tight deadlines;
- Experience with website design and video editing preferred;
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus;
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines;
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).