Second Deck Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Second Deck Officer to join our team.
- Cooperates with the Safety Officer for the safety familiarization of the crew;
- Attends all cocktail parties and social and entertaining functions where his presence is required by the Master;
- Participates in cabin inspections of Ship personnel when required by the Staff Captain;
- Executes the correct performance of his assigned bridge watch-standing and navigational duties;
- Ensures the application of the company policy on board regarding the health and hygiene for crew and passengers;
- Is responsible for the cadet training during his navigational watch;
- Supports or relieves the Chief Mate in case of emergency;
- Is responsible for the control of water supply from shore or barges;
- Supports Captain, Staff Captain or Chief Mate in all technical matter of the Ship;
- Supervises the Integrated Pest Control program;
- Is responsible for the weekly sanitation inspections in the Provision Room.
- Extensive successful experience in a similar position within Cargo or other Cruise company;
- Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team environment, exercising authority, diplomacy, and impartiality;
- USA VISA if in possess;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard;
- Sound supervisory skills;
- Basic Windows based programs knowledge;
- Substantial interpersonal, oral, written communication and negotiation skills;
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- Certificate of Competency IMO STCW Cap II/2.