Boilermaker Welder Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Boilermaker Welder to join our team.
- Repairs of Heavy Duty road trucks;
- Recording of work completed;
- Compliance to legislation, regulation and Company’s policies & procedures;
- Steel Fabrication and Repairs;
- Safe operation work within the Maintenance area.
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments;
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding;
- Select, clean and prepare metal stock;
- Tig and Mig Welding;
- Trade Qualified Boilermaker;
- Trade Certificate III – Engineering Fabrication;
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision;
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions;
- Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle;
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering;
- Experience in MIG, TIG or ARC welding;
- General welder / boilermaker duties including: grinding, cutting, welding (GMAW, TIG, Stick), polishing, pressing and heating;
- Be able to read and interpret workshop drawings;
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting;
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines.